- Dynamic environment working alongside a collaborative Team
Lagardère Travel Retail is a dedicated travel retailer of cultural and leisure products in the Pacific region. We currently operate over 140 retail outlets across the Pacific with most in major airports and commuter terminals. Today, Lagardère Travel Retail continues to grow and expand its portfolio of brands, keeping pace with this ever changing and diverse environment.
We are seeking a versatile and organised individual to assist our Workforce Planning & Payroll Manager. This is a unique opportunity to support a dynamic retail business with over 1600 employees across New Zealand and Australia. In addition to assisting with the efficient and accurate processing of the fortnightly and monthly pays, you will provide support in maintaining and resolving issues with our time & attendance system (Kronos), and act as a liaison with our stores.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Processing of new employees and maintaining employee information in the payroll and time & attendance systems.
- Monitoring payments and interpretation of awards and employment contracts.
- Liaising with employees and store managers to resolve payroll and time & attendance related queries.
- Conducting system configuration and maintenance.
- Ensuring training materials and system documentation is up to date on Time & Attendance processes.
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- A sound knowledge of the payroll process and legislation
- Experience of Time & Attendance practices and rostering principles.
- Exposure to one or more major payroll and/or time & attendance systems along with intermediate to advanced skills in Excel (exposure to Kronos will be highly regarded).
- A creative and analytical approach to problem solving.
- A high level of initiative.
- Confidence in liaising with management and our broader employee base.
We operate in a constantly evolving and fast paced retail environment where you will have the opportunity to challenge yourself and work with a dynamic team of dedicated professionals. This is your opportunity to further your payroll career and to thrive in a supportive but challenging environment, with great career progression opportunities.
Experience new horizons, every day!